PurposeUse portion of computer memory (RAM) as disk. The usage is up to you, but I wouldn't use this to store browser cache or system temp.
- Win10 Pro 64 bit, build version 1803
- Memory 64 GB
- Get latest version of ImDisk from http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/
- As of 2019-10-05, this is the latest version, http://www.ltr-data.se/files/imdiskinst_2.0.10.exe
- Get ImDisk tools, https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/
Install Install ImDisk first
This application will give very basic RAM disk feature only. Whatever it's written in RAM disk will not be saved and will be lost after restarting the machine.
Note: bring the old Windows Control Panel and you'll find "ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver"
 If you have ransomware protection on, disable it temporarily to allow ImDisk toolkit to make shortcuts on Desktop:
- Run "Windows Defender Security Center" > Virus & thread protection
- Click on "Ransomware protection" > turn it off
This will create icons on desktop, that's the reason for step #2.
 Turn back on ransomware protection if you had this on before.
[4.1] Add these programs to "Allow an app through Controlled folder access":
- C:\Program Files\ImDisk\ImDisk-Dlg.exe
- C:\Program Files\ImDisk\RamDiskUI.exe
This is to back up and restore RAM disk content.
ConfigurationDouble click on "RamDisk Configuration", and set up like this: