I tried many different methods and different ways to install certbot, but on RPi Raspbian Jessie Lite, this is the only way.
GoalHost own web site(s) on Raspberry pi, with custom domain from home, and support SSL.
- Raspberry pi + Raspbian Jessie Lite
- Fast internet
- Your ISP allows port 80 and 443
- Own domain and you can edit DNS
- Set up Raspberry pi with static IP, and configure your router to port forward to your RPi web server, port 80 and 443(SSL)
- Set up custom domain with dynamic IP. Make sure you have correct settings in DNS set up.
- Set up Nginx on RPi
Set up SSL on RPi
- You have to do above prep-work before follow below steps.
- It is assumed your web site's root doc directory is: /var/www/mysite/
- It is assumed your custom domain is: www.mydomain.com
- Nginx is up and running, and accessible by the custom domain.