GoalMount USB flash drive to RPi.
I can use large SD card, but:
(1) I already have a small SD card I want to re-use, and want to separate OS and data.
(2) I want to back up/store from Windows for data files.
(3) large capacity flash drive is cheap.
- Windows 10 64bit
- RPi, Raspbian Jessie Lite
Mount exFAT USB Flash DriveI have 64GB USB flash drive that is exFAT pre-formatted.
- sudo apt-get install exfat-fuse
- sudo reboot
- Pug in the USB flash drive
- sudo lsblk --output NAME,FSTYPE,LABEL,UUID,MODE
- Take note of the UUID value for the flash drive
- sudo ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/
- Find the UUID link. e.g. "DCBD-4FCC -> ../../sda1"
- sudo vi /etc/fstab
- Add this line:
UUID=DCBD-4FCC /mnt/usbstorage exfat nofail,uid=pi,gid=pi 0 0
- change UUID value with yours
Note: since it's exFAT, you can't create sym link in this drive, and linux permission doesn't work.