I downloaded NLP related files from Korean sites. Many file names are in Korean, and I noticed that when I did ls -l, or viewed the files in GUI, the files weren't sorted properly.
This is probably because English (UTF-8) is the system default, and added Korean IME only.
I did some research and found only one solution -- change the system locale:
In /etc/default/locale, add this line and reboot:
I rarely have to deal with file names in Korean, so didn't want to make it as default. But I did need to sort the files properly.
The solution is using mc - Midnight Commander (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Commander) sorts the files properly, and organizing files are easier than doing it using plain CLI or GUI.
(image of MC, borrowed from the internet)